September 2, 2010

At work

As I write this, I am sitting on the carpeted floor of the Horizon meeting room in Copthorne Orchid Hotel Penang. We have just finished our first meeting of the week (surprisingly early!!) . While we wait for lunch and then the beginning of the second meeting at 2pm, most of us are either back in our rooms resting or catching up on work that was left undone due to the first meeting.

For me, I'm multi-tasking: I'm checking my emails, I'm on FB, I'm chatting with Trish and two colleagues from work, I'm also researching for some data on farmer suicides. Oh ya...not to forget...I'm blogging too!! Haha...

I had a really late night on Tuesday. A 3-hour meeting that was supposed to be from 4pm-7pm, lasted till 10pm!! Then, coz the laptop that I brought from the office died on me (despite it working the previous day)...I had to go back to the office and get another one. To my horror, the two laptops that was available in the office, chose that very day to die!! Thankfully....my admin and finance officer had another laptop with her but...it was with her at HOME!! So off to her house we went and by the time I got back to the hotel, it was past midnight!! All this on a public holiday!! Thank God Marvin was so nice and kind to drive me to and fro everywhere!! Now we're both going to demand that we get replacement leave!! I only hope we get it!!

Alright then...a short update as I need to continue on my other "tasks". Hehe...

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...