May 27, 2018

We're Slowly Getting there

They say that a relationship is a journey; and like any journey, no matter how well it is planned, there will be some kinks or hurdles along the way. It is how we deal/handle those kinks that will decide whether the journey continues or ends.

So, a little more than two months in and we're slowly progressing in our journey together. We talk every day; we meet every week; and time just seems to be passing.

Yes, yes...the relationship is still very new and as cliche as it sounds, we seem to be clicking, connecting...on every level. We're at a point where we are jinx-ing (that's when we say/think of the same thing at the same time) each other on almost every other sentence. Just the other day he said that very soon, we will just have to look at each other and we'll know what the other is thinking.

Of course, we're still in the "honeymoon" period and the 'high' will probably soon dim. But as time passes, there is also this sense of calm which comforts me; encourages me; makes me smile; and most importantly, I am positive and happy!

We don't meet daily, though I know it is something that he would very much like. Nevertheless, he is accepting and understanding. My heart still skips; and the excitement grows whenever our date days approach. And when we do meet, the time spent is more fulfilling and appreciated.

He has been very vocal and open about his feelings for me; while I am the total opposite. Surprisingly (and this is according to him), my actions speaks louder than my words. So I must be doing something right. :-)

Very recently, I had a short moment of anxiety where I questioned myself on whether I was giving enough; was I reciprocating what was given fully and wholeheartedly? I wasn't doubting my feelings for him; but rather, doubting the depth of it. If anything, I just want him to feel as happy and loved as I feel. I am secure and confident in what I want so I knew that this was not going to affect anything. But I felt that it needed to be addressed. Of course, it didn't help that I was also PMS-ing. So I was probably on an emo-coaster. (Poor him will probably have to deal with this occasionally).

The moment didn't last very long; for I talked to him about it (I'm so lucky that he is open and understanding and a good listener). He reassured me, I reassured him and we are fine. If possible, I think my heart is fuller than before. And with him being away for nearly 3 weeks, I think the missing him part was rearing its head.

We have yet to reach the 3-month period; and yet, I feel that we have moved past a small kink. Maybe our emotions are growing onto another level. I don't know.

What I do know is that, things have changed for the better. And to me, this is a sign that we're moving in the right direction.

So to US...let's continue moving ahead!! Looking forward to more positive changes and growth.

<3 nbsp="" p="">

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...