September 28, 2008

Finally - I'm one of the gang!

27th September 2008 - A day to remember!! Hahaha...after reading numerous blogs, helping my sister get one of her own and being questioned about when my own blog was going to surface...I finally bowed to the "pressure" and "demands". Actually, my aunt (Tita Lita) had suggested, a few years back, that I should start a blog of my own, as I was really into writing back then. However, I felt that having a blog would only put pressure on me to continuously update it and so, I decided that the world could survive without my contribution.

A few years down the road and here I am, sitting in front of my computer, typing in my very first entry. This brings back memories of when I first started using Friendster. Back then, I was a "Friendster-idiot"; I didn't know what Friendster was, how it worked or how useful it was. Thanks to my friends (Trish!!) - meaning "pressure" from my friends - I got myself an account and *boom* I was in the gang!! The same thing is happening once again, but I am thankful to all those who have encouraged, nagged and suggested. :-)

With the thousands of blogs that exist, I no longer feel pressured to update my blog (or rather "global diary") on a regular basis. I have decided that, when I feel like it, when I have something to shout about or tell the world, that's when I'll update my "global diary". (However I have the distinct feeling that the excitement of having a blog will overwhelm me and I might flood my blog with unneceesary entries!!)

And so...till my next entry....Pa alam! (Bye)


1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

The first to cheer you on. The first to push you forward. The first to wish you well. The first to stand by you. (I mean after I shove Amah aside lah!). The first in your comment for sure! (cross fingers)

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...