June 4, 2010

Another year....WISER!

It's June the 4th...my favourite day of the year simply because I made my parents the happiest people on Earth, 26 years ago when I was born. Lol! How perasan!!

Sighs...another year has passed since I celebrated turning 1/4 of a century. Today, two people who called to wish me commented on how "old" I was getting!! Oh PLEASE!!! Haven't they heard?? 26 is the new 20!! :D Somehow, I don't find myself fretting over being "a year older". Yes...when people comment that I am nearing 30, I do brush it off and all; but honestly, I don't see the fuss. I feel young, I look young (hopefully!!), so why should I THINK OLD?? If anything, I'd rather say I've turned a year WISER, SMARTER, STRONGER...anything positive!!

My mum and a friend of mine from work can't seem to understand why I like celebrating my birthday. To them, if it's possible that no one knows it's their birthday, that'll make their day. As for me, the more people know, the better it is!! I probably take this trait after my dad. He's the type that would call people to "hint" to them that it's his birthday or our birthday, much to our chagrin!

I started getting SMSes and calls at the stroke of midnight. By morning, my hp had an attack from a barrage of SMSes. It continuously beeped. Then I came online to check my emails. I took leave from work as I don't want to spend my birthday working!! Anyway, as the page to my email downloaded, the list of notification emails from Facebook greeted me. I went through everyone of them, despite knowing that I could just log-in to Facebook and read it at one go. As I read one notification after another, my heart warmed at the greetings and wishes from family and friends.

Then I logged into Facebook and re-read the same greetings!! I know - WEIRDO!! Sighs...recently...I've read a few comments from people about how impersonal Facebook is although it does help us maintain contact with people we've not met/seen for ages. Reading my greetings/messages, I had to disagree with those comments. Because, without Facebook, I'd probably get less wishes/greetings/love. Less family and friends from afar would take the time and spend the money to call or SMS. And I wouldn't even expect them to. But with Facebook, things have changed. LOL...I'm beginning to sound like a Facebook advocate!!

Anyway, I'll stop here for now. I need to go get ready as I'm having lunch with a good friend. It's our birthday lunch - it was her birthday yesterday!! :-)

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...