December 31, 2013

2013 in a *blink*




This year went by exceptionally fast for me for a number of reasons:

1) For the first 3 months of the year, I was not in the country. Yup…I took my first solo trip across the ocean, to another continent: EUROPE!!! To Berlin, Germany to be exact. For the first time in my life, I was in a foreign land all by myself. I had to be independent. I had to adapt. I had to survive. And I did!

2) After returning home from Berlin, a week later, I was off to Manila (also for the first time). I was only in Manila for a week, but it was enough to convince me that I wanted to go back. Definitely for more than a week the next time round. And for a holiday, not work!

3) Come April, plans and preparations for my organisation’s 3rd Congress begun and lo and behold, I was put in charge. April to August were busy busy months of planning, planning, planning, preparing, preparing, preparing. Those months flew in a blink of an eye and soon, September approached (the month when the Congress happened) and that month flew too.

And now…as I sit at the computer writing my final entry for what has been an eventful year, I find myself trying hard to recollect what happened in the last 3 months. Nothing big, major or important happened; it was mostly catching up on emails and backlog but nevertheless, the months flew.

One day that I don’t think I will forget is my birthday coz it’s the day when I celebrated my last year of being in my 20s. As much as I am looking forward to welcoming a new number, a new decade of my life, I have my apprehensions. Am I missing out on the “normal” things? Hmmm…

Anyway…here’s to a better 2014!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...