March 21, 2016

A new adventure is about to begin…..


I’ve been on leave for about 2 months already. And in another 11 days (how ironic is it that it will be April Fools’ Day), a new phase in my life will begin. Yes…after making the difficult decision to leave my first job, I am about to start a new one soon. One that is totally different from my previous job – a challenge that I am ready to take on. I worked on a broad range of human rights issues for the past 8 years; this time, my area of focus is narrowed down to one basic human right: the right to water. While I feel a tinge of sadness that I am leaving the huge arena of human rights struggles, I am consoling myself that in this new job, I am (somewhat) still connected to human rights work albeit in a different way. Of course, I don’t intend to stop raising awareness and supporting the causes that I used to advocate. I’ll just be doing it in a different capacity.



As time passes, circumstances change, people grow, and you realize that the time has come to move on. And that is what I am doing. No looking back. No regrets.



As I embark on my new journey, I hope to make new friends, strengthen old friendships, and just enjoy the ride to wherever it leads me!!!!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...