May 31, 2013

Hmmm...

It's the last day of May, which means that in 3 days' time, I'll be a year WISER. Yes...my birthday is just around the corner and as been tradition ever since I started working, I've applied for and been granted leave on my birthday. Since my day this year falls on a Tuesday, I decided to take Monday off as well, so as to enjoy a long weekend. Plus, since I've got to finish up 24 days of my annual leave before the end of the year, I can afford the two days.

The usual hoo-haa for every birthday here in Penang is that there will be an ushering in of the birthday at the shop as the clock strikes midnight. Then there will either be a BBQ or some sort of makan on the day itself.

This year however, nothing has been planned. The shop is closed on Monday so there will not be any ushering in of the birthday. I'm not exactly sure what is going to happen (IF anything is going to happen at all) as my sis is working on both days (sadly she's got an audit thing and can't take leave). Monday is Rest Day for mum and dad and Tuesday is a normal working day for them both.

People have been asking me about my big plans for the day, considering that I will be entering my final year of the 20s. I don't know whether it's PMS or something else, but somehow, I feel no excitement. I foresee a typical Monday and a normal Tuesday. Sad.

My sis told me yday that if I want to do something, I should take the initiative and do it; not complain about no plans being made. I agree with her completely. But at the same time, I really don't know what to do. I don't want to take away my parents' only off day of the week thus taking away the only day they can get a full day's rest; and neither do I want to have some sort of do at the shop on Tuesday coz I know the amount of work it entails. Furthermore, as I'll be returning to work on Wednesday, sis and I will leave the shop fairly early as usual.

Sighs...I sound like such a fussy pot. I'm going to blame it on AGING. If this is how I feel this year, I can only imagine how I'll be feeling next year, although I've been saying that I am looking forward to it.

Hmmm....






No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...