November 15, 2013

Smoke!!

Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! That is all that I smell now as I sit on my bed typing this entry. I just got back from a round of drinks at Porx - the famous hangout place of the ECCHR staff. Although I was only there for about 2 hours, my laptop bag, jacket, sweater, top, jeans, underwear and whole body reek of smoke!

The worst thing is, I have no laundry facility, which means, I'll have to wear my smoke-filled jacket for the next 2 days!!! Oh God!! I've sprayed perfume on ALL the clothes that I wore, including my laptop bag! I took a shower and washed my hair twice - I hope I got the smell out.

Anyway, now that I've ranted, let me go back to the start of the day. So I slept REAL early last night - 8pm - that's as "late" asI could stay awake. I was up at 3am, 4am and 5am. Finally, I decided to get out of bed at about 7ish, took a bathe and then went to have breakfast.

I went to the office around 1030am and went out with Carolijn to catch up on things. After that, I had another round of coffee with Sankar, the lawyer from India who is the current Exchange Fellow. We were joined by Carolijn and Isidore, an intern from Cameroon.

After lunch, we had a very productive meeting on pesticides litigation which lasted until nearly 7pm. We all then adjourned to Porx, where my predicament occurred.

Tomorrow is the Alumni Conference which will last the entire morning and afternoon; after which there will be a buffet dinner.

I really hope my spraying of the perfume works, else I'll choke to death with the smoke smell. 

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...