June 24, 2017

What's been going on....

It is almost the end of June. Tomorrow it is Raya, which means the one month fasting for 
Ramadan ends. And everyone has commented that this year, Ramadan just flew by. 

In my last entry, I mentioned that it would be one year since I started my new job; and now, 
two months have almost passed since I celebrated my one-year work anniversary. 
And I must say, things are only getting better as time passes.

I am really happy where I am now. I admit that I miss my previous job and often wonder 
where I would be if I had stayed on. But when I look forward, I know that I made the right 
decision. I can feel that I have grown. 

Also, with Facebook, I am almost always kept updated with what's happening in the activist world, so I don't feel all too bad.

Now, enough about work. What I am now excited about and looking forward to is my trip to Vietnam! YES! I finally took the dive and bought the tickets. And my trusted sister is coming along (although I am still not sure if she is going willingly or because I literally 
blackmailed/guilt her into it). Nevertheless, since I got a bonus, I decided to pay for her 
tickets. That would mean that, for both her trips this year, it was all paid for i.e. she traveled 
for FREE.

We'll be traveling in September so we still have plenty of time to plan our itinerary for when we are in Vietnam. We'll be staying with Clara so I'm sure she will be of great help.

Next to plan is the family trip during Deepavali. The initial plan was to go to Bangkok, but 
now we're thinking of going on a cruise. Hmmm....

Oh yes....my birthday was about 3 weeks ago and I wore a legitimate bikini for the first time. I must say....I was very lucky that I recovered from my terrible sickness that afflicted me just days before my birthday. Surprisingly, the pictures came out great (if I say so myself) and 
there was no hint of my being sick despite me having a cold and cough still. Uncle Toning, 
Claire, grandma and uncle Peter came once again, just like last year.

While these are all exciting things happening, I am still struggling to accept that it is ok to 
splurge once in a while. I have not been able to save the same amount of money every 
month; although I make sure I save at least a bit. So far, there's been more expenditure than savings and I am nervous to see my bank balance at the end of the year. Oh well...I guess I just have to cross that bridge when it comes.

Till then....I'm just going to be positive and enjoy every day as it comes!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...