March 30, 2020

MCO Cooking

I have only been WFH for a week and already it has benefited me. I still put in the roughly 8 hrs, making sure that I am at my laptop by 8am and only closing off at 5pm. Of course, in between those times, I do take  a break, as expected when WFH. Nevertheless, I still managed to finish my reports and presentations; participate in concalls etc.

But what has benefited me is that I am now actually cooking. Yup! I have cooked TWO main dishes in the past week. My first dish was Kerala Prawn Curry, which my dad said was VERY NICE! And he especially loved the gravy.

The next dish I made was Chicken and Tomato Spiced Curry; and once again, dad was a happy man. He finished the leftovers the next day, proclaiming that it was very nice and that I should cook it again next time.

This is quite an achievement for a person who rarely cooks; and even when I do cook, I limit it to prawns because that the only thing I know how to clean! Yes yes, mum cleaned the chicken for me this time. I do know how to clean squid though.

Anyhow, all this cooking has got me excited, that I already have the next menu planned: Sweet and Sour Prawns, with French Beans and Eggs. That would be TWO Mains i.e. a complete meal.

I get all my recipes online and just tweak it a bit to the amount that I am cooking and also for taste.

So far, my family has not complained, so I guess I pass! 

Hehe...

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...