December 31, 2023

One Year

*Late entry*

December 17th 2023 

Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will always "have and to hold", 'in sickness and in health"....."till death do us part".

One year.....I know that people always say that time flies; but I have to repeat that time indeed FLEW!


It has been a year of adapting, compromising, tolerating, learning and adjusting. It has not been easy at times but we persevered and learned. We started as two individuals, one who has been living on his own for more than 10 years; and me who have not lived without my family for more than 3 months. 


Agreeing to who sleeps on which side of the bed is still an ongoing argument. Me leaving the dish wash sponge in the soap dish; he leaving his t-shirts and shorts on the dining table chair. Of course these are all small and petty stuff that every married couple faces but I am thankful for these. For it is through these that I learn a bit more about my husband every day and I hope vice versa!


Yes there are days when we don't agree on stuff and we pull long faces but we talk it out, listen to each other and come through to the other side of the disagreement together. We acknowledge that we are different individuals with differing opinions but we always try to come to a compromise. It's not easy because we are both stubborn but we manage.


We did not have a big first year anniversary celebration. But we did enjoy a spa massage courtesy of the bestest sister in the world; and then we went back to the place where we had our second date for dinner. It was low key but relaxing. Perhaps I should broach the idea of having a big anniversary celebration every 5 years. That way we will have time to save and plan.


It's been a year and yet, I keep re-watching the videos of I have of my wedding. I sometimes even get teary eyed and find myself smiling to myself like an idiot. It's like traveling back in time, experiencing it all over again. Yes, it's cheesy but hey....it's my wedding and we only get to do it once. And no matter what others say, I think my wedding was the BEST celebration of a union of a couple and of two families. 


And so.....as one year passes and another year begins, I look forward to more memories, more love, more laughter, more smiles.....more of everything.....

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...