October 3, 2008

THIN

"You're so thin!", "You're just skin and bones", "You look anorexic" - those are just a few comments that I grew up with. Being blessed with a tall, skinny frame - and I say BLESSED because I know some people who are just dying to have my body - being compared to a drug addict and anorexic is nothing unusual. For the past 24 years of my life, meeting new people (or even friends or relatives whom I've not seen for a long time) brings nothing new. The first few sentences after introduction are almost always, "You're so thin". I've heard this so many times that I've become immuned to it. My reaction used to be forced smiles and laughs, but over the years, I've started to react differently. I still smile but now I add, "But I can eat whatever I want and not worry about putting on weight unlike some people!!" That brings on jealousy and reluctant agreement from the other party!! Need I say more?

Of course, there is also the bright side of being thin. I've had my share of strangers thinking that I am a model *grin* *grin*, suggestions that I join a beauty pageant (I might do it next year, who knows!) and comparisons made with Bollywood beauties!! So, it's not all negative comments that I've had to endure. I can wear almost anything I want without having to worry about the availability of sizes; I can eat what I want without worrying whether it is fattening or not; I have no flabs or cellulite to worry me to death....and the list goes on.....

And so...to all those out there who have commented and will comment no matter what, to you I say: I DON'T CARE! I have been blessed with my frame so just accept it! There are people out there who are killing themselves just to have a body like mine. I, on the other hand, don't have to do a thing. There may (or may not) be a day when I finally look normal according to society, but until then....I intend to make full use of my blessing. No point being jealous. It only makes you old and gives you wrinkles!!

By the way...it's not as though I look like this ------->


3 comments:

Orkid Galistan said...

Oh dear....i am jealous...hahaha...

SFGEMS said...

Remember that our genes show that we grow fat when we are older.

Be patient! hee hee hee

STEPHEN FELIX GROSSE said...

Heh. You look beautiful the way you are.

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...