November 22, 2008

Marriages, Babies and Decisions

It's one more month to the end of 2008 and we'll be starting a whole new year. A whole new year of promise, resolutions, decisions...etc. One thing that has been on my mind (besides work and thinking about furthering my studies) is marriage. Not that I am eager or desperate to tie the knot! I'm still young!!

It's just that...since I left high school, most of my friends (mostly the Muslim, no offense) have gotten married and even have kids!! Just this year, my ex-classmate gave birth to a baby girl and I was like, "What?!" haha...I was also shocked when I found out 2 years ago that she had married!

I'd thought that the average age of women getting married nowadays had risen. We're now career-minded. We have to be successful before jumping into lifetime commitments. We have no time for guys. Hahaha....But I guess when you're in love and the time is right, marriage seems to be the next right thing to do.

On the other hand, I have friends and cousins (all my grown up cousins in fact) who are very much single and enjoying life. And I fall into this category. Just this year, my aunt asked me if I had a bf and when she got the negative reply, she said it's time to look for a "nice" guy. Hahaha...as though I am consciously going to look for "bad" guys!!

Well...2009 is a new year. So we'll see what happens. Who knows? 2009 might be the year I find Mr.Right. Or...it could be the year I win a beauty pageant!! Haha!!

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

Good one! Don't rush. Good things come to those who wait!

You will be found for sure. So you don't have to look!

Love you loads! :)

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...