February 21, 2009

Another year older...and yet she's still...

Come Monday, she'll be another year older. As she moves one more step closer to reaching the mid-50s, the number that denotes the number of years she has existed on this planet stays just that way.

A mere number. For, no matter what that number is, her looks, her body and most of all, her personality belies her true age. She looks younger than most of her peers (in fact, she can actually pass as my elder sister); her body is actually good for someone of her age (though I know she will disagree with me on this) plus she has two kids!!; AND her personality...that's what's keeping her youthful!! In fact, she is so captivating and interesting, that my friends enjoy her company and they actually miss her when they do not see her (much to my chagrin!!). Heck, they even tell me that she's more "in" than I am; and that I am old-fashioned!!

She's a great cook too. For someone who is not of Indian descent, she has mastered the art of cooking Indian dishes, to the point that people can actually mistake her cooking with my grandma's. Talk about compliments!! Isn't that great? To have people not know the difference between your cooking and your mother-in-laws??! Haha!! That means, you're on par with her!!

Overall, she is a great person. A great daughter, sister, wife, mother. SHE is MY MOTHER. And so....Ma, I want to wish you a VERY VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS WITH WHATEVER YOU WANT!!





3 comments:

SFGEMS said...

What a lovely tribute to Amah! Did she shed a tear? I support all that your wrote.

Shakun said...

She hasn't read it yet!!

Unknown said...

awwwwwww we loveeeee her!!

auntie, happy happy sweet birthday!!!! warmest wishes to you!!

don't worry you're still younger than shaks and vash anyday!! =D =D

hugs hugs!!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...