February 15, 2009

Valentine's

So...it was Valentine's Day yesterday. And what did I, a single, eligible young woman do to "celebrate" the one day when LOVE is put above everything else? I hung out with another single, eligible girlfriend of mine, Trish.

I met up with her at the law firm where she's working; gossiped with her and her colleagues (as though we were old time friends!!) and was off to Gurney plaza. As expected, the route to the plaza was jam packed. As we inched our way, we started or rather continued our Valentine's Day with what we do best; GOSSIP! When we finally reached the multi-storey carpark, it was a challenge looking for an empty spot. But luck was on our side, as barely 5-minutes later, we found a perfect spot!!

First stop was the gym as she wanted to check out if her "cute guys" were there. After running the "spot check", lunch was at Nando's. It was a choice between Manhattan Fish market or Nando's, but Nando's "won" as I was in the mood for chicken. After a scrumptous meal of Peri chicken, coleslaw, chips and Peri Wedges & Dip, we took a long walk to digest our meal and also get a drink (the drinks at Nando's were super expensive!!).

As our movie was scheduled to start at 4.20pm (I wanted to watch Bride Wars), we headed straight upstairs to get our popcorn and drinks (yes! I know we just had a big lunch!). The queue for the tickets and confectionary were looong. Thank God we'd bought our tickets 2-days earlier, so all we had to do was get our munchies.

When we finally got to Cinema 4, it was already more than 3/4 filled. And barely 10-minutes later, the movie started. The movie was okay although at times it was slow. Nevertheless, it was a feel good movie. There was of course no escape from certain hyena-laughing girls who insisted on giggling and laughing at such a high pitch! Do they really think that is going to attract a guy's attention? It was so damn annoying!! I felt like slapping, not one but numerous girls in that cinema!!

But I digress. After the movie, we went to Chopper board to have a drink and ended up with a bowl each of the famous Chopper Soup!! As we continued our gossiping session, we saw an ex-classmate of ours. We didn't say hi to her though as she was with her bf and of course we didn't want to intrude.

Our tete-a-tete finally had to end when Trish's parents messaged her, asking her to buy dinner. :-) As she drove me home, she commented that, no matter how long we spend time together, we can never finish gossiping!! Haha!!

Overall, this was my first Valentine's that I spent away from my family. Sad, huh? Nevertheless, despite not receiving any flowers, chocolates or cards, I did receive something even more valuable. I re-inforced my friendship bond.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awwwwww.. we'll always have our friendship bond!! =D =D

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...