July 8, 2009

And my tears continue to flow...

It's been two weeks since Michael Jackson's shocking death; and in those two weeks, I've heard his songs over and over and I've read news about him from every available newspaper, magazine etc.

Early this morning, there was a memorial for him, broadcasted live all over the world. It was too early in the morning for me to watch and so...I have to make do with the repeat later on. However, though I missed it this morning, I saw and heard snippets of the memorial all day, online and on the radio. The memorial, sombre, solemn and poignant was a fitting send-off for the King of Pop. Though I've yet to watch the entire memorial, I already shed tears more than once: on the way to work when I heard the King's daughter speak for the first time, when I heard Brooke Shields' speech and when I heard the entire stadium sing We are the World.

I still cannot accept that he has died. And I can't help wondering, if I feel this way, me..someone who didn't even know him personally....how then would his children, parents and subling feel? How would his loved ones feel about losing their most cherished, most loved and most famous brother, son and father? I don't think that question will ever be answered.

I'm waiting for time to pass so that I can watch the memorial. And I'm sure that I'll have tissues around me and probably swollen eyes tomorrow morning, as I watch the world celebrate the life of Michael Jackson.

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...