July 9, 2009

The tears are gone but the memory lingers

So I watched the much anticipated memorial to MJ last night and as expected, tears did wet my cheeks. Though I've seen snippets of the memorial over a few channels and heard some of the speeches on the radio, it did not lessen the sadness or prevent the tears from falling.

It was clearly visible that everyone on staged was touched, inspired and influenced by MJ, and it was clear as crystal how affected they were by his demise. For a no one like me to feel so deeply about MJ's passing, I can only imagine how the people he knew feels.

Yes...I'm getting a little carried away with my grief as can be seen from the comments garnered on my FB page; but then...the KING did die.

Anyhow...I can go on and on about how I feel, what the world has lost and how there will never another MJ. But I stop here. For I believe that there is no need to add on to what is already out there. How we feel individually and as a whole about MJ...I'm sure he knows it and can finally see it for himself from up above.

1 comment:

Starmandala said...

Ahhh.... MJ would be so touched to feel your emotional outpourings at his departure, Shakunthala (not sure if I spelt your name correctly). You might enjoy reading this MJ post on my blog... so nice to "bump into you" in the blogosphere... I found your comment on Aunty Lita's Jared post!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...