October 24, 2009

"Coming of age"

Nachos, alcoholic drinks, good music, great environment and fantastic company - these marked my so-called "coming of age" night. Having never experienced any clubbing or drinking of alcohol WITHOUT my parents being around, last night, Trish, my sis and I went to Hard Rock for its soft opening of the cafe. After much debate, indecision and "obstacles" (my sis is underage), we managed to get into the cafe and enjoy ourselves. The worry we had about being checked or of my sister being left out as she is underage was all water under the bridge, as we sat at the table, near to the stage, sipping our drinks and picking (I say picking coz we had to order some food as we "conned" the hostess into letting us in early during dinner time and we already had dinner) on the nachos we ordered and enjoyed the music. The fact that I've not been clubbing or drunk any alcohol without my parents' presence just goes to show how "ulu" I am!! Of course, when I drank wine and beer while I was in India...well...that's not counted!! HAHA!

The table in front of us consisted of 4 ladies celebrating one of the gals' bachelorette night. They were dressed to kill, complete in shorts, fish net stockings, a garter around the bride-to-be's thigh, paper crowns and a sash. They'd been there long before we arrived and we could see that they were already 'high'. Things went up a notch when another of their girlfriend arrived. THe newbie was a socialite and managed to get some other patrons to dance and take part in the ridiculous gags that she came up with for the bride-to-be.

The band was good - they really kept the crowd entertained, although I felt as though the female singer of the band had a worm in her body as the way she danced was just so funny!! It was as though she was constantly wriggling!! Haha!! I think the best part was when the band broke into the YMCA song and all the Hard Rock employees came out and stood on stools and the bar and danced to the song!

My sister had her fantasy fulfilled when she got to drink the "Ultimate Bloodmary" - though she struggled to finish it as it tasted awful. I know this as I tasted it. I stuck to the conventional beer as the prices of the drinks were high; plus, Trish had said that the mixed drinks were not that good.

We left the place at about 1am, but not before we had our fill of taking pics around the hotel. Pics are on FB!!

Thanks to Trish for inviting us and for paying for the drinks!! !! Thanks to my dad for helping us get my sis in and also checking up on us!!

Next stop is Sunset Bistro for Halloweens!!






No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...