November 1, 2009

The Past Week

After our outing at Hard Rock last Friday, the week after that was spent shifting. My office shifted to a new house and so for the past week, I have been packing and shifting and arranging furniture and dusting and cleaning. Basically, no work was done. Even when everything was settled, all the tables and computers and chairs arranged, no work was done as the internet had not been installed.

The week past fast and I for one was glad. Friday night arrived fast and my sis and I spent that night at Gurney, watching MJ's This Is It movie. Thanks to Trish, we managed to get tickets for the day after the opening. As a fan, I've been anxiously waiting for the movie to come out. Although the whole "movie" is basically of interviews and rehearsals, it was worth it. I got to watch a genius at work. Until I watched this movie, all I've seen of MJ are his music video clips and taped concerts. Therefore, to see him rehearsing, making mistakes, perfecting his moves, singing and music, it was a pleasant change.

This Is It showed us what a great musician and entertainer MJ was. One particular part in the movie which made me smile was the part when he was "discussing" a particular music melody with a musician. To an amateur, whatever the musician played sounded perfect but MJ refused to accept the melody and insisted that the musician "feel" it. He arrogantly said, "I want it to be played the way I wrote the song. So feel it". To me, that was a master genius at his best - knowing what he wants and demanding that he gets it.

I left the cinema with mixed feelings. I was happy that I got to watch the movie as it showed another side of MJ. However, I couldn't help but feel sad and cheated as the movie showed us, the world, what a fantastic concert This Is It would have been.

Saturday - we spent the morning following my mum to the market and then we headed to a jumble sale at St.Nicholas. After that, we had a late brunch.

That night, Trish, I and my sis went to Sunset Bistro. As it was their 4th Anniversary, there was a guest singer and a few shows presented by the Sunset Staff. After "limiting" myself to a beer at Hard Rock, I decided to drink at Sunset. So, after having a glass of Ice Blended Capuccino, I ordered a Singapore Sling. I'd drank this drink at Planet Hollywood before and I loved it then. But somehow, the drink tasted horrible! I felt as though I was drinking cough mixture!! My sis had a Margarita and Trish had A Day At The Beach, both of which also tasted like cough mixture!! Maybe it was just my mouth!! I had a good time as the setting was nice and the place was full of people. The fact that we were on the beach and sand was everywhere only added to the atmosphere.

Now that I've tasted quite a few cocktails, I'm on a mission to find a drink that will suit my tastebuds. Maybe I'll try a Tequila Sunrise next. Or a Pina Colada. Or a Sex On The Beach. Hmmm.......

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...