December 30, 2010

2010 sum up

So I always write a recap of what has happened in the year that is ending. Although it's like an unspoken rule that almost everyone with a blog has to do this, I actually got this idea of a recap waaayyy before blogging started. You see, my aunt (you know who you are *wink*) used to write, or should I say type, about her year; the ups and downs; the experiences etc. I was on the receiving end of this "recaps" and back then, I received printed copies in the mail. I remember reading them and thinking..."Wow! What a great idea!". Of course, I was still in school back then and I had nothing much/interesting to write about.

But as I grew older, gained a wee bit more experience and then started blogging, it was high time I started a "recap". So here's my 2010 sum-up:

1st quarter:

I can't really remember much about what happened in January, but in February, my car got broken into and my spoilt radio got stolen! I had to drive home from the office with the passenger side window broken and glass all over the inside.

And then in March...I made the much and long awaited trip back to Singapore!! After more than 10 years, my trip back to Singapore was fruitful! I met Uncle Stephen's mum, I met Uncle Rufi and his family for the first time and I met Uncle Maurice. Sightseeing and visiting the Night Safari made up the trip! What a time I had and I can't wait to return!

Grandma also had her knee operation and now...I reckon she can run faster than my mum!! Lol!!

2nd quarter:

So this year, I had more trips to KL than I ever did over the past years. I also celebrated my 26th birthday in June and got a nice present from my family: a HP!

This quarter also marked MJ's 1st death anniversary. Sighs.

3rd quarter:

I was supposed to spend a month in Philippines from July - August; but due to safety concerns, the trip was cancelled.

My sister turned 20 in August, marking the end of her teenage years. :-)

4th quarter:

The last 3 months of the year proved to be the most exciting. First, we got a new sofa!! And then it was Deepavali which is always nice! Family, friends, food, laughter, pictures. You get the picture!

After Deepavali, both my sister and I got the dreaded chicken pox!! I don't know how I contracted it but I was out of action for 3 weeks!! Thankfully....my spots were not the itchy type but rather it was painful! My sister was luckier as hers only lasted for about a week!

Then Xmas came along and it was time for decorations and presents! And also wine!! hehe...

Xmas passed really quickly and now...as I sit here writing this, tomorrow is New Year's eve!! I decided I wanted a change for the new year and so instead of cutting my hair, I had it dyed. The colour: Medium Auburn, which turned out to look more coppery. There hasn't been much sun lately and so I don't really know the full "force" of the colour. I hope I don't faint when I finally see it in full blast!!

So that's it....my 2010 sum-up! I hope I have another fruitful year next year, with more to experience and more to write!

Signing off for the year 2010!!

See you next year!! HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOD BLESS!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...