December 26, 2010

Xmas is over...

Xmas is finally over. After spending so much time just THINKING about what I should get for my sister, I finally finished my Xmas shopping on Friday!! If I wasn't on leave on Friday, my shopping would have been left unfinished!

So Friday night was spent at the shop as there was sort of a gathering. We feasted on roasted chicken, prawns, KFC mash potato and coleslaw, beer and wine. It wasn't exactly a party but rather...just a way to usher in Xmas and spend time with family friends. Unfortunately, no pictures were taken as we were all hungry and by the time we remembered that we had our cameras with us...almost everyone had gone home.

Xmas morning was spent at home. We opened our presents, watched TV and had a very light afternoon meal as we had a dinner to attend to. Mum got me a perfume and bath gel (although the gel was a mistake as she had wanted to buy me a moisturiser. This is the second year she's made that mistake). Sis got me a bag and the book, THE LOST SYMBOL!! Yay!! :-)

Dinner that night was at my dad's friend's house. There we had crabs, prawns (yay!), chicken, mutton, beer, stout and wine! We had planned to only stay for a couple of hours and leave before midnight. But as usual...once the drinking begun and conversation started to flow....we ended up leaving at nearly 3am!

Thank God I still have the next week off. I've got a few things to do before the new year; like fixing my "new" pc, getting my hair done (I'd wanted to cut it but then mum disapproves. So I compromised and said I'd get it dyed), doing nothing...lol.

I can't believe it'll be a new year in a few days' time!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...