December 21, 2010

Xmas preparation

I returned to work after a 3-week "break" and boy was I looking forward to it.......NOT!! But thankfully, I only had another 3 weeks to work then the office was closed for the year! Yippee! I also found out that Dec 24th was declared a holiday!

To me, December is the month for presents and Xmas trees. It also marks the end of the current year! Usually, my Xmas tree would be up by the second week of December [I'd wanted to go down to KL or S'pore this year since I have a long break but then my sis has no holiday so it's Xmas in Penang this year]. This year...laziness took over. Considering that I was still on "break" in the first week of December, I could very well have set up the tree. But alas....that did not happen. My sis and mum started asking when the tree would be up and I
suddenly realised that almost every year, I'M the one who sets up the tree!! But then again...I can't or rather shouldn't complain as I'm the fussy one when it comes to decorating the tree. The OCD in me comes out like a charging bull; the lights are not evenly put, the shiny balls and boxes are not evenly placed etc! And so...I guess after years of complaining...I guess my mum and sis has decided to leave it to me. Nevertheless, my sis helped me this year; AFTER I had assembled the tree and placed the lights. It took us about an hour to get it done.

After the tree...comes presents and this is ALWA
YS a problem! What presents can I get for mum, sis and dad, while sticking to a limited budget? For the past few years, I've gotten the same gifts for my mum and dad. Thankfully, the presents are useful and will always be used. But then again....there goes the surprise element. So far, I've already bought presents for my mum and dad. Deciding to choose what to buy for my sis is proving to be a real problem. She gave me a list of things she wants (from books to clothes) to make it easier for me, but still...I find myself looking at the list over and over again not knowing what to get her.

Xmas is only 3 days away, so I'd better hurry up and finish my shopping. Sighs!


No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...