June 20, 2009

The Wonder of The Secret

Ever since I read 'The Secret', I've changed the way I look at things, and also think about things. I tell myself to always think of the good side of things, attract only the positive and not to even dwell on all things negative. This change has not been easy, considering the amount of stress, frustration and disappointment that I feel from time to time. The will to banish all negative thoughts and feelings sometimes threaten to overshadow the need to think, feel and act positive. But thanks to my mum and sis, who, despite not really believing in The Secret, continuously remind me of the need to stay positive, I've managed to hold on to the "rules" of the book.

When I returned the book to my aunt, I did not forget what I had learned. However, practising something without having anything to refer to, is difficult. It's like practising Law without going through the chambering period. Therefore, when my aunt recently gave me a copy of the book, I was ecstatic!! And just yesterday morning, before leaving to work, I flipped through the book and reached a section that said:

'Create, your day in advance by thinking the way you want it to go, and you will create your life intentionally.'

And so...I did just that. I visualised what/how I wanted my day to go and believe it or not, at the end of the day, I felt great!! Everything went smoothly throughout the whole day!! My project that has been in the works for 1 year and 3 months finally ended yesterday; I got a much anticipated call; and, that night, when I was out with a group of friends visiting a radio station fair, I actually won something!!!

I came home feeling happy, satisfied and just great!! My conviction in The Secret is restored (at one point I begin doubting it) and you can bet that I am going to continue practising it!!! :-)

1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...