August 14, 2009

August 15th 2009

On August 15th 1990 - A small, fair, bald-headed, chubby baby girl was born. She was the centre of attention when she returned from the hospital; but she was also the envy of her elder sister.

Fast forward to August 15th 2009, this baby girl who will turn 19, is still the envy of her elder sister. Who's this OLD teenager, who will be celebrating her last year of being a teen? My sister!!

I've had 18 years of fighting, arguing, hair pulling, shouting, kicking etc...you name it...we've done it. But despite all the crying and shouting and occasional ignoring, we've had loads of time laughing (most of the time at my mother's expense), joking, bonding and simply enjoying each other's company. Not to mention the comparing!! I can't stand the fact that she has natural brown hair and is fairer than me!! Haha....even so, there are people who say that we look so much alike. Though there are some dimwits who have asked her if I was her MOTHER!! Stupid, blind people!! But I digress.



I think I can safely say for the both of us that without one another, life will be difficult. She's always been there (here) for me when I need a shoulder to shout at, throw a tantrum, complain or just bitch about people. She does things for me when I am tired or lazy (though it takes a hell lot of cajoling!!). And.....she's good for my wardrobe!! Hehe...since the both of us are thin (though people ALWAYS say she's okay in size), we can share everything from jeans to t-shirts to
shorts!!

We are so close that people find it hard to believe we are THAT close!! We are always asked whether we fight or not. I suppose in this day and age, it's hard to find sisters who are so close. In fact, we even get complimented on being such good sisters, so much so that we are some-sort of a role model to my cousins!! Haha!!

It's fun having a younger sister. Though we are 6 years apart in age...sometimes those 6 years seem to be invisible. She reminds me that age is just a number and that we will always be young if we put our heads to it; while I teach her the rudiments or rather the survival of growing up!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAYSHNAVEE!! MY BABY SISTER!! LOVE YA LOTS!






2 comments:

Vayshna said...

awww......*sniff sniff* Mahal kita Ate!! Just like I said before, my life would DEFINITELY suck without you! And please, rejoice in the fact that MOST people think i'm OLDER than you!! hahahah... Love you tons and tons Big Sister!! Muaks!!!

Unknown said...

me wuv you all toooooo!!

happy birthday girl!!

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...