August 10, 2009

Decision Made

Ok...after much thought, frantic calls, much persuasion and countless SMSes, the decision has been made. I am going for the very very very belated graduation gathering. Although the number of attendees (so far) is a mere 11 people, I've decided...what the heck??!! At least I won't be alone. Apparently, the rental of the graduation robe comes together with the lunch; and that we cannot just rent the robe. So we really had no choice.

After much clarification and persuasion, we (my friends and I) had to accept that we have to pay for the lunch in order to get the much wanted robe as it was a package. [We wanted to just rent the robe so we could get our photos taken, but alas, we couldn't just rent the robe. Furthermore, we want the ACTUAL robe with the correct colours and stripes, not just any robe that can be rented at the shop]Although lunch will not be served at a hotel but rather a restaurant, GOOGLE put our fears to rest as we found out that the restaurant is new, of fine dining standard and the place actually looks nice. Now all we can hope for is that the food tastes just as good as the place looks!! :-)

Well...looks like 2 years of waiting is finally coming to an end. I can't wait to go for the lunch and then to get my photos taken, so that I can finally put one phase of my life behind me. For two years I've felt as though I have had no closure. No end or rather no proof of 4 years of hard work and brain damage!! Haha!

It will also serve as a proud and memorable moment for my parents; to show that they have a graduate daughter; to stand tall next to me holding my scroll and dressed in my robe and mortar board. The picture alone (with my parents and sister smiling) will speak a thousand words. Words that will come from my smile, saying, "without my parents (and sister) I would not be where I am today". And words from my parents' smiles, that will say, I have done them proud!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...