August 23, 2009

Finally...I'm officially a graduate!












(L): Sun Yat Sun building where we had out lunch.
(R): Group shot!
Finally...after two years of waiting, my much anticipated graduation took place; although there was no ceremony to receive my scroll. Nevertheless, after two years, to actually HAVE a gathering was good enough!!
So...the graduation lunch gathering was held on the 22nd of August at 'The Sun': Spring Chamber Restaurant. Only a small group attended the lunch along with a few lecturers and also the principal of the college. Lunch was from 12pm-3pm. There was lots of laughter and chatter as we reminisce the past, talking about our college days and how the lecturers had to endure our antics. Business cards were distributed, work experiences were shared and pictures were taken as we enjoyed our 3-hour lunch. 2 years have passed and yet, it felt like it was only yesterday that we sat for our final exams and left college. :-) It was a good gathering. Oh...we also signed up to be part of our college alumni.
And then it was Sunday...and it was photo-shoot day!! I've waited two years to don the robe and mortar board and I finally fulfilled my long awaited dream. I had thought that I would have to give up the chance of ever getting my graduation picture taken. But I guess God is on my side and also with my believe in The Secret my dream was fulfilled.

With my make-up done professionally, me dressed in my robe and mortar board, and my family present, my photo-shoot took place. After nearly 2 hours of smiling and posing (for solo shots and family shots) the photo shoot was over. One thing that I regret is, because we did not have the ceremony, I did not have the chance to take pictures with my fellow classmates. Nevetheless, trusted Trish was on hand and together, we manage to take pictures together, complete in our robes and mortar board!! :-)
Here are the pics taken with my camera:















No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...