December 27, 2009

6 Tequila shots, 1 Bacardi Lemon = 1 whole day of hang over

To continue from my previous, we had a wonderful dinner of roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, potato wedges, boiled carrots, sauteed onions and salad. During dinner, we drank water and coke.
The drinking session began after our meal. Prem, a close friend had bought a bottle of Tequila. He had promised my sister that we would have Tequila shots during her b'day last year but since that didn't happen, he made sure that we had it this year. So, shots of tequila went round the table, starting with him, then my mum, my sis and then me. I could not bring myself to gulp down the first shot. I was so nervous but since everyone had done their turn, I could not escape. Down my throat the liquid went and as fast and hard as I could, I bit into the lemon. The result? Not bad!! Haha!

So shot after shot of Tequila went round and after 6 shots each, the bottle was empty. Next came the Bacardi, thanks to my dad! By now, I was still fine and could walk to the toilet and back to the table steadily. So round two was Bacardi lemon. We each took our shots following the previous order. The Bacardi tasted better than the tequila. Then...



Then I stood up....and whoa.....I was unsteady!!! :-D I walked a few steps and then sat down on the floor coz my legs felt like jelly!! I waited for a few minutes, walked slowly to the bathroom, had a bath to freshen me up and went straight to bed!! My dad was worried about me that he helped me upstairs!!

The next morning was...well....I had a slight hang over. As long as I didn't stand upright, I was fine. If I walked in a crouch like position and moved slowly, I was fine. I felt nauseous the whole day. Although I tried to vomit so that I would feel better, I couldn't. After having a good bath and then having a nap in the afternoon, I awoke around 6pm feeling much better and my nausea gone! Thank God!

Now, I've decided that I'm going to have a sober New Year! I'll just eat more.

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...