December 31, 2009

2009

There's just 9.5 hours left of 2009. As I sit in front of the computer thinking back to what I have done/achieved throughout the year, I can't help but feel as though I could have done more. Maybe I could have done more to help my family and friends; maybe I could have done more for myself; maybe I could have done more to contribute at work; maybe...just maybe...I could have done more.

It isn't as though I am unsatisfied with my actions in 2009. I'm pretty happy with all that went on in 2009 and if there were something that I would have liked to change, I don't think there's anything. Yes...on certain months or days I have felt as though I should just give up. Sighs. But then...I am always reminded of how lucky I am, first of all, to be alive, have a wonderful family and circle of friends, a job and money at the end of every month. Why should I complain?

2009 started with me scarring my knees!! Then there were two accidents that happened within months of each other. A grand-uncle made his transition into the next life. A cousin started her journey in her marriage life. A few celebrities left the world. There was an MGS reunion. Natural disasters punished Earth, reminding us of how vulnerable we are to the powers that we do not control.

A lot has happened in 2009. Personally, I don't think I have achieved much. But...I have grown. I have grown older; I have grown wiser; I have grown stronger. I may not have anything to show of my achievements but the fact that I am still alive, still have a job, still contributing to the family income, speaks a lot in my opinion. I may not have bought a new car or handphone; but neither am I in a credit card debt. Yes I have the usual car and study loans to pay off but then, I'm not drowning in debt. And I believe that's something to be proud off.

:-) I'm quite excited to start 2010. I've decided not to have a '2010 TO-DO LIST'. I had a 2009 list and from that list, I failed to strike off two items - one of which I won't mention here. The other is an on-going struggle, so technically I didn't fail. What is it that I'm talking about?? Putting on weight!!

And so...like I said...I've decided not to have a list. Just for a change. I already know what I want to happen in 2010 and hopefully by the end of next year, I would have achieved it!

To all who read my blog, here's wishing you a very very very HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May 2010 bring you all that you wish for and much much more! God bless always! Muax!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...