December 19, 2009

Few more days to Xmas

OK...so I'm back from my hiatus. I've been so lazy to update my blog; but then again, nothing exciting has happened, so...
I spent the first 3 days of the past week on Penang Hill. It was my organisation's yearly 'Staff Planning Meeting' (a.k.a. Staff "Retreat") where almost the entire staff congregate in an isolated place for 3 days. We have day long meetings where we report on what we have done for the past year (since the last staff "retreat"), plan for the following year, and at the same time, bond with our fellow colleagues. The bonding part of the "retreat" is somewhat shrouded in hypocrisy as we are all supposed to be happy, have fun and enjoy each other's time. But then, there are among ourselves a certain amount of dislike (some even downright hatred) and so, it is here that we have to pretend and be hypocrites. Although I do not like admitting it and do not like practising it, but I too have become a hypocrite. I suppose that's survival.

I was not looking forward to the "retreat" at all. I mean, who wants to be stuck atop Pg Hill for 3 days, accompanied by the same people you see everyday for 8 hours!! The same people who made my stay at last year's retreat ok were not with me this year; but I had a new set of friends and this time, I must admit, I did enjoy my time although it was only after dinner, when we were given time to ourselves, did I enjoy myself.



Down from Pg Hill and had only one day of work before the long weekend. I went back late on Thursday as I had a meeting with my supervisor before she left for the Philippines.
On Friday, I spent the day finishing my Xmas shopping. I've bought gifts for everyone, had them wrapped and are now nicely under the tree.
So there's 5 more days to Xmas and I'm slowly getting into the mood. I suppose it's because I only have another 3.5 days of working before my organisation closes for the year. Also, I'm awaiting some good news and hopefully I get it!! :-)
I guess my next entry would be about how I spent Xmas, what gifts I got etc. I'll probably end the year with an entry on my reflection of 2009 and what I hope 2010 will be like.

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...