October 7, 2010

Less than a month to go

So Deepavali is less than a month away and usually by this time, I’d be all excited. The month before the festival is when all the hype begins. Shopping for new clothes and accessories, making muruku and kulcha, cleaning the house (not that I look forward to it), keeping aside all the 'angpow' packets we get from banks and malls…the list goes on.

This year however, I haven’t begun to feel the excitement. I blame this all on work as from Oct 27 to Nov 3, I’ll be stuck in meetings after meetings after meetings. So there goes my yearly grand-daughter duty of helping my grandma make muruku and kulcha. We usually make them about a week before Deepavali; any earlier and there won’t be any left for the day!! I suppose my sister will have to shoulder the responsibility alone this year.

I have about 2 ½ weeks to do all the shopping I want and knowing what a picky person I am….that’s hardly enough time. I bought my Deepavali outfit at the very last minute last year…if I’m not mistaken just a few days before Deepavali!! I vow not to do the same this year. I don’t have the time anyway.

I’m also looking forward to the “party” or gathering that is supposed to happen the day after Deepavali. A friend is “planning” it i.e. talking about it but so far that’s all I’ve heard of it: TALK. I hope it happens. My brother said he’ll try and make it and I’m sure it’ll be a blast!! :-) That’s the first time we’ll all be drinking together. Hehe…

I also have to get my new sofa for the house. We went scouting for one last weekend and I hope to finally book one this weekend. Hmm…let’s see lah…

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...