May 22, 2011

Finally...

Finally...after much thought and going back and forth on my decision, I've done it. I've cut my hair! As I said in my previous entry, I have this phase every year, where I want to cut my hair. So yesterday, after having lunch with Trish, I got dragged to a friend's hair salon. I say 'dragged' coz up until we paid our lunch bill, I was still having second thoughts!

Anyway, so we went to the salon and after looking through a few books, we finally decided on a hairdo which we thought would suit me best. Shoulder length, with a side fringe. And since my hair is wavy, there would be curls at the ends. I straightened my fridge though so that it would slide down the side of my face and not curl up and give me a "curtain". This was the first time I was applying any chemicals to my hair (besides dye-ing my hair, that is). We reached the salon at about 2.45 and I was there until at least 6.30pm!!

Trish was soooooo excited and even took pictures of me in my various stages of my transformation! I don't think I'll put the pics up though coz I don't think they're very flaterring.

So, three hours and 45 minutes later...my hair was done. I had a new look. My reaction: I LOVE IT! I've always either had short, boy cut hair or long hair. I've never had shoulder length hair like this before. I actually feel girlier. Lol! And....Trish paid for me!! She said it was my birthday present! How sweet! We have this tanding arrangement that we would not get eacho ther gifts since our birthdays are just one day apart but then...she broke the agreement this time. Not that I'm complaining. THANKS TRISH!!!!!

When I went to the shop with my new do, everyone said it was a nice change!! :-) They said it made me look younger, much to my sister's horror! Now she's got even more reason to be angry at me! Well....dear sis....you can cut your hair too and then you'll look younger!!! :P

The result:


3 comments:

siedne said...

Nice haircut! :)

Law(u)rence Anyways said...

hey, nice hair! i should really drop by the stall to have a good look at you. it was so nice of Trish. but, it's a bit earlier for your birthday right? or have i got the wrong date?

Shakun said...

Thanks Denise and KT!!

speaking-inside (KT): My b'day is next week. Better to cut my hair early and allow people to get used to my new look than to surprise everyone. What if it came out wrong or ugly? :p

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...