September 4, 2011

Geezz

God! I can't believe how lazy I am to update my blog! Not that I have much to update anyway, but still.........

So the other day, last Wednesday to be exact, mum, sis, Trish, Sumayah (cousin) and I went for ladies night at SS (Slippery Senorita). As it turned out, since it was Merdeka night, there was NO ladies night but we still got in free. Of course....being the earliest there, we had the whole club to ourselves for about a half hour before the crowd started trickling in. As Prem was working that night, we of course had great service. Plus....dad's friends are the managers, bouncers, waiters etc, so we were constantly taken care of!

The Filipino band was horrible sadly but since I had good company and with non-stop alcohol, I had a great time. Believe it or not, it was my first time clubbing!! And that too with my mum present (and later on, my dad!!!). Being at the ripe "old" age of 27, and that was my first time clubbing! How ULU!! And....with parents around....who will approach us??!

Well....I guess it's because I've grown up around the club scene when dad was with the band. Plus, having parents that are so liberal, who'll allow me to drink and go out without questioning, I guess that's why I've never had the urge to go clubbing. I remember back in college, when my friends used to go out every night and I wondered what the great pull was?

In fact, that one night in SS was proof that I have not lost out on anything by not clubbing. I certainly don't mind losing out on being in a room filled with smoke; and then coming out of a club after that, all reeking of alcohol and cigarette smoke!! Ewww........my hair still had the smoke smell the next day even AFTER I had washed my hair!!

I don't think I'll make this clubbing thing a regular affair but I certainly wouldn't object to a once in a while clubbing. The next round is probably during Deepavali; plans are being made, but that's all just talk for now.

Sighs...I'm so not looking forward to waking up early tomorrow for work. My boss is not here, so that's a plus point but still....

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...