September 30, 2011

Me the hypochondriac 2

So I went to the Doc this morning, to check out my bump and also subdue my paranoia. The first thing the Doc said to me was, "It's not cancer". Lol! Ok...so I sort of knew that. I had been thinking more along the lines of swollen lymph node or blood vessels.

So he checked my pressure, felt my bump (which at first, he said it wasn't a bump) then proceeded to tell me that the whole area was swollen. It felt like a protruding bone. He said it could be an injury but I have not fallen or hit my head in recent times.

He couldn't help me much, saying that for things like this, I would need to go to the hospital to get a CAT scan or MRI. But he's pretty sure it's nothing serious and that the headaches are caused by my fiddling and pressing the bump.

He prescribed some painkillers and anti-swelling meds and told me not to worry.

Well...for now...I'll gladly listen to him. I think it's a mind over matter thing. If I can just ignore the bump and not dwell on it every minute of the day, I'm sure I'll be fine.

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...