September 24, 2011

WTH!

And I thought it was off my back. But noooo...........!!! What's with all the matchmaking??? Geez!!

There I was, sitting in a meeting that was supposed to last only 3 hours but was already way past the 3 hour benchmark and I get a call on my HP. It's from one of my aunts. I ignore the call. 10 seconds later, my HP vibrates again. It's one of my aunts again. I answer the call, thinking it must be something important.

Me: Hello
Aunt: Shakun, aunt so-and-so here. Are you busy?
Me: Yes I am. I am in a meeting. Anything?
Aunt: Oh...nvm. Call me back after your meeting.
Me: Ok.

So it's nothing really important. Or so I thought. Then...I get an SMS from my mum. Apparently, my aunt has found a groom for me. She called my parents to have a SERIOUS talk. The guy is apparently tall, fair, good-looking and is a cop who's about to be promoted. Uh-huh....I know my aunt's taste and I can just imagine how the guy looks. Just think, when I told her last time that I prefer guys with no moustache, she told me that guys with no moustache look like monkeys!! :s

Knowing how I feel and what I think about arranged marriages, my mum and dad called my aunt and said no. My dad told them that I'm not ready, now's not the time etc. My aunt had the audacity to tell my father that "there won't be another chance next time."

WTH???!! First of all, who cares if there's no "next time"? How/why is it their problem? My dad said that they're just being nice and CONCERN about me. PLEEAAASEEE-lah! I know them. When it comes to things like this, it's all about competition between the cousins and aunts. Oh...this cousin is married, this cousin is getting married next year, now it's your turn etc.

Seriously-lah, don't they have other more important things to do than meddle in my life? What is it about me wanting to be single that they don't understand? When they asked me during Raya when I intended to settle down, I told them point blank that I am not interested. Big mistake! I got a lecture on how/why I should have a life partner to take care of me; how I am at the "right" age and that I shouldn't wait too long etc. Geez!!!

I'm a very patient person and there are people who can attest to that. But I know that the one thing that will push me to my breaking point is all this matchmaking business. I told my father yesterday that if I hear one more time this issue of marriage and matchmaking, I'm going to tell them off. Dad told me not to upset THEM!! All this while, my sis and I have been the goody-two shoes; the polite ones. Wait till they see me angry. Their whole perspective and impression of me will change. And honestly, I don't care what they think of me after that. There's only so much dabbling and harassing I can take and sooner or later, I'm going to have to tell them to shut up! In addition to this, I'm also being harassed about being able to cook so that I can please my future husband and family. OMG!!!

Trish is so excited about this however. She wants to see the guy's picture; know who he is etc. Baliw!! You're welcome to him Trish but just don't get me involved!!

GEEZ!!! Leave me alone already!

2 comments:

SFGEMS said...

You certainly have a strong backbone! :)

Shakun said...

Yes...I don't see why I have to depend on others when I can rely on my own.

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...