September 28, 2011

Me the hypochondriac

I have a grand-aunt who's a hypochondriac. She reads magazines, books, articles and has, somehow or rather, almost all the ailments that she reads about. From having agoraphobia to having heart palpitations. Sometimes it's just tiring listening to her complain or moan about her "ailments".

But then.....recently...and I stress...VERY recently...I feel like I'm turning into a hypochondriac. Last week, I found a bump on the right backside of my head. I panicked although it was not painful. I asked my mum and sis to feel the bump and they both said they could feel it. They said it was nothing and that it'll go away. But that didn't subdue me. I continued worrying coz I was also getting occasional bashes of short, sharp, throbbing pain on one side.

A week later and the bump has reduced in size but I continued worrying. The bashes of pain comes and go and the bump, although small , is still there! And it's nagging me!

Vay is close to smacking me as I'm constantly asking her to feel my head. My colleague and Trish told me it's nothing to worry about and it's probably an inflammation. But worry-wart me turned to Google; and of course, that's never a good idea. Results varying from brain cancer to migraine to tension headaches popped up, confusing me even further. Stress could be one contributing factor especially since I'm not the type to vent. Hmmm....

I'm pretty sure the pain is migraine, no thanks to PMS. But I can't neglect the bump! And....being the psycho that I am, every time I touch the bump, I feel nauseous. Geez!! So I've decided to see the Doc this Friday to check it out. I hope I don't have to have a CAT scan or MRI. There I go again!! He most probably will just tell me I'm insane.

But until I get it checked out, I know I won't rest well. And I'll most probably get beaten up by Vay.

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...