December 16, 2011

Traveling in India - Part 1

So I am going to skip the remaining days of my stay in India and just jump to when Rosmah and I decided to extend our stay. After much thought and persuasion from the local partners, Rosmah and I decided to extend our stay for another two days.

With that decision made, plans to re-book our tickets were done in a hurry and cost us RM250. *cringe* But what the heck I thought. It’s not every year I’m in Bangalore.

Once we got our new tickets, we had to plan our itinerary for the next two days. We didn’t want to waste any time. Therefore, after asking around…a lot…we decided on this route: Bangalore-Mysore-Kochi, Kerala-Bangalore. Looks like a hurried trip and hurried it was.

So on Friday morning at 6am, Rosmah, Chela and I set off to Mysore, in our rented taxi. Initially, we thought we’d forgo Mysore as we were getting mixed reviews about the place. In the end, Mysore fitted our itinerary and I was ecstatic as I got to see the famed Mysore and Summer Palaces, temples within the palace grounds and a temple atop Chamundi Hills. We reached Mysore at almost 9am, had breakfast and then toured the city.

[Mysore Palace]

[Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace]

[Chamundeswari Temple, Chamundi Hill]

Rosmah and I then headed to the bus stop to catch our 5.30pm bus to Ernakulam (Kochi’s twin city). Since it was a last minute booking, we got the last two seats on the last row. And since the journey was through a hilly terrain, it was like sitting on a roller coaster for 11 hours!! Yes…we only reached our destination at 4.30am!!

In addition to reaching the place so early in the morning…we didn’t have a prior booking at a hotel. Thank God there was a decent hotel just 100 meters away. So we checked-in, had a bath and fell asleep. Waking up the next day at around 8-ish, we changed, had breakfast and our day in Kerala began.

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...