December 30, 2011

Visiting Family Friends

Like on all trips, I had to make the customary visit to family friends. This time, it was KAru sitepa's ex-colleague, Narasimhan Uncle, who is originally from Chennai but happened to be living in Bangalore at this time. He was working with my uncle for the past few years and had only returned to Bangalore on Oct 2nd. He had resigned from the company as he apparently couldn't stand the work ethics of the Chinese people here.

My uncle had given me his contact information, asking me to call Nara Uncle should I face any problems. But prior to my trip, my uncle had already emailed him, informking him of my arrival. So how could I NOT at least call him and say hello?


So I called him either on December 4th or 5th which was like 10 days after I first arrived. I apologised for not calling earlier etc and he said that if I couldn't meet them, he and his wife would come to the hostel to meet me. No way!!! So I compromised and said that, I'd call him once all my events are over and I'm free.


That day happened to be December 7th. I called him and we made arrangements to have dinner that night. He came in an Auto with his wife at around 6.30pm. We went to his house straight, where we had tea and chitchatted for a bit. We then met up with his daughter at a restaurant for dinner. After that, he saw off his wife and daughter, and then together we took an Auto back to the hostel. Customary visit all over and done with! *phew*

They even wanted to accompany me on my trip to Mysore and Kerala, but I managed to talk them out of it, using the excuse that I was travelling with colleagues and we had plans of our own. This was not true as we had yet to make any plans but still....! :-)

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...