February 2, 2010

Damn! I got it!

Damn it!! I caught the sick bug that was going round my office!! I've been sick since Thaipusam eve which was bad coz I had to stay home and couldn't follow my relatives as they made their way up to the hilltop temple. I was feeling slightly better on Thaipusam day itself, so I managed to go see the kavadis and to the temple t pray.

Sunday was bad as I could hardly stand straight. My head felt so heavy, my nose was blocked and I was constantly having a coughing fit!! I practically slept the whole day. To make matters worse, mum got into an accident. A motorcycle hit our car on the driver's side and the window completely shattered. Mum was ok, thank God!! But the window and door are wrecked! To add to that, eventhough we were not at fault, the fact that we got hit by a MOTORCYCLE doesn't seem to matter as MOTORCYCLES are NOT LIABLE!! What kind of law do we have??!! In additonal addition, we've got to spend money due to some 3rd party mumbo-jumbo!! Gosh!!! And then the car insurance and road tax is about to expire nest week!! And due to the accident, we'll lose the NCB which actually saves us some money. But now we have to pay the full insurance fee!! Sigghhssss...........

I've been on medical leave since Monday; mum has not been to the shop for the past two days; and dad has been running around trying to settle the insurance claim etc. What a hassle!! I'm not sure how it's going to be tomorrow when I return to work: coz I'll be taking the other car. Unless of course dad wants to send and pick me up.

The weather has been soooooooooo damn hot!! I'm pretty sure the weather has contributed to my illness and also the tense feelings among everyone at home.

Dad's birthday is this Thursday and he's turning 55. What a week to go through before he reaches that milestone!! I'd thought that he would be retired and living comfortably. But alas, that is just a dream. Sighs.

I hope things settle before Thursday and my dad will at least be able to breathe easier.

Oh well...

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...