January 23, 2009

Anticipation

2 hours and counting. As the clock ticks away and every minute passes, the anticipation is heavy. I can't wait. My heart is beating fast, just waiting for that moment to arrive. Will it be as satisfying as I think it would be? I hope so. Tick. Tick. Tick.

What am I waiting for?

The long weekend ahead. I can just hear the smirks and laugh of people reading this. They probably thought I was waiting for something so exciting and was just as eager to find out what it is; only to discover that I am waiting for a holiday!

Ever since I started working, holidays have become a precious commodity. No longer are there two-month breaks or even "study breaks". Now, if I want a holiday, I have to apply for leave, which is dependent upon approval from my superiors!! Therefore...it shouldn't be a surprise that I look forward to long weekends. There's no applying and no waiting/hoping for approval.

Relaxation and rest is now the talk among my friends and I. While we do talk about stress and the workload we shoulder (not that we hate our jobs), relaxing and finding time to rest is our dream now. It used to be "I dream of having this car or that car". But now...it's "I dream of having a long break" or "I wish I was studying again!"

Haha. I smile every time my sis complains about exams and classes. If only I were studying again. (It won't be the same even if I am studying now coz I'll most probably take a night course or part-time course, so as to not clash with my work. )

Oh well....it took me just 15 minutes to write this. The clock is still ticking away the minutes...




No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...