January 21, 2009

What a morning!

What a morning! Both cars could not start this morning and I was left hanging, thinking, "How am I going to get to work today?"

On Sunday, as my mum, sis and I were on our way to Tesco, our car (Wira) got hit from behind. The thing is, we were NOT MOVING; in fact, we were waiting for the traffic light to turn green..when..*bam* all of us jerked forward in unison with the sound. After driving to the side of the road, I came out of the car, ready to confront the "criminal". Turns out, she's just a 21-year old 'P' driver, driving a black Myvi. She knew she was in the wrong, as she was already smiling as she got out of the car. Replying to my question of what happened, she said she used the emergency break. MEANING: She was obviously not paying attention!! How can someone hit a stationary car?

Anyway, after many phone calls, we exchanged phone numbers, (I took her car and IC number down) and she agreed to pay for the damages. That was easily done. The problem came the next day.

After my dad took the car to the workshop, he decided to go to Tesco for some shopping. When it was time to leave, the car couldn't start!! There must be something wrong with Tesco!! Anyway, mum and sis came and fetched me from work (she'd borrowed my Kancil) and off to dad's rescue we went. In the meantime, dad had called his mechanic friend and after inspection, it was concluded that the problem was the petrol pump. We left the car at Tesco. Dad would have to tow the car to the shop the next day.

Tuesday - With tow truck in tow (hehe) Dad went to get our car from Tesco. And surprise surprise...the car could start!! Mum was using my car, so dad had to pick me up from work.

Tuesday night/Early Wednesday morning - Mum called and said that my car couldn't start!! (what luck!). She told me dad was on the way to pick her up.

Wednesday morning - When I was getting ready for work, dad woke up and told me that both cars are not working. Turns out, dad couldn't fetch mum last night as the Wira couldn't start. As I am writing this, I am still not sure how my mum got home as my Kancil is still in Farlim.

And so...I'm back to my first question:
How am I going to get to work today? My neighbours had already left for work, so there was no way of tumpang-ing. Thank God not all my relatives left Penang and I have a reliable aunt to count on. Calling her so early in the morning made me feel so guilty. But she was ever so pleasant. At 8.20am she was outside my house.

On the way to work, she told me to call her if I needed anything. She even doubted me when I said my colleague would send me home after work.

SIGHS.....what rotten luck! To have BOTH cars die on us on the same day!!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...