January 2, 2009

2009

2009 is finally here. Although it's just like any other year that is beginning, I somehow feel different. I used to be so excited that a whole new year was beginning, promising good things ahead. This year however, though I am just as excited, I also feel apprehensive and worried. And I am not alone. My sister feels the same. We talked about it and came to the conclusion that, the reason we may be feeling this way is because 2008 was such an eventful year and it passed so fast. This time last year, my sister was at NS and I was busy preparing for my month long stay in India. This year however, we're both at home, with no future plans planned as of yet. So maybe that's the reason for all the apprehension and worry.


I've not written my '2009 To Do List' yet. I'm quite contented with what I have so far; although I know it is dangerous to be so contented with what I have. I have the usual dreams of wanting to make more money, getting rich and so on and so forth. But I'm determined to be level-headed and make a list that is realistic and achievable. My list last year was pretty good (if I may say so), so I may just follow the same but improve on my list for this year.


Anyway, it's the second day of 2009, so let me tell you what happened last year and yesterday. I spent New Year's eve at the shop. As I said in one of my previous entries, there was an expected spray foam war. And happen it did. This time round, there were more people involved, so there was no chance to run!! The war was a success to the opposition, as the victims (me, mum and sis) were totally brutalised!! Here are the evidences:



I was chased and accidentally knocked down. I fell onto the road, tore my jeans and hurt both knees. As you can see, it was pretty bad. My right knee is more bruised (with yellow, purple, black, blue marks all over) than this knee; but this knee was the one with the open wound.

Thanks to the fall, I can't straightened my leg, can't walk properly (am limping) and am on medical leave!! On the second day of the new year!!



Also a victim: mum. Though she shed no blood, she got the brunt of the whole war. Attacked mercilessly by everyone, her happy, smiling face seen here is testament of her youthfulness and fun-loving ways. May she be as youthful as she wants for as long she can.


"Injuries" sustained during the war. By the end of the war, our hair and body were all soapy and sticky. It was like we had taken a "dry" bath!







On another note, I texted my friends yesterday asking them how the new year has been for them so far. I got one positive reply, saying all was fine so far. However, another replied saying her grandma got a heart attack and is in the ICU now. When I checked my mail earlier, another friend told me that her father had passed away!

Now...I don't really believe in fengshui or anything. So I hope that my getting injured and not being able to work at the beginning of the year and my friends' relatives having health problems and passing away will not affect my 2009 chi. I'm not the type to believe that, just because something happens at the beginning of year, my whole year will be afflicted. I'm more of the you-determine-your-life type. Ever since I read The Secret I'm more inclined to being positive. Whatever I do/want, I just ASK for it; BELIEVE that I will get it or achieve it; and be open to RECEIVING. It has kept me optimistic, positive and happy.

And that's how I am going to continue living througout the year!







































1 comment:

SFGEMS said...

I can feel your positive vibes from here. Good on ya, girl! Not everyone who reads the secret, benefits from it. I am sure you are one that does!

Love you always.

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...