November 29, 2011

Day 3

So I got out of the apartment today. Jacob and Vasu (local organisers) came after lunch. We had a short meeting then we split into two groups, heading to different directions to do different things. But before that, I broke a mug; accidentally pushing it off the table when closing the laptop. Jacob commented that there’s an Indian saying that when someone breaks a glass/mug, there is good luck/something good is about to happen.

Well…I’m assuming the “good” thing that happened to me is that I finally got down to sending the over 700 files to be printed. I managed to get a good deal (with Jacob’s help) of Rs.1 per print on one side, so that comes up to Rs.2 per sheet. That’s half the price of the usual print. Also managed to look for some folders.

However, my joy and relief were short-lived as when I told Erwin (later on) that even though the printing rate is cheap, it’ll still cost a lot coz it’s over 700 files, with an average of 20 pages per file, he said Rs. 1 is expensive! Multiply that by roughly 3 copies each file…what do you expect? He said I should have gone to a big printing house as I’m bound to get it cheaper there. He said I am not assertive, and that he notices that I usually just accept things as it comes along. I take that as attacking my personality. I argued saying I did look around but he just refused to listen. In the end, my mood was spoiled. I told Jacob and Vasu about this and they both told me that the rate I got was as cheap as it would be. No other place would go lower even if it was a big printing house.

To ease my mind, Jacob agreed to take me to a “bigger” printing house tomorrow just to check the prices. He doubts that they would go lower than Rs. 1. Also, he and Vasu both said that Rs. 1 was indeed really cheap and yet, Erwin compared it to the rate in the Philippines!! Grrr!! Anyhow, I’m going to check the other place tomorrow just so that if anyone else asks….I can tell them I’d done my homework!

Dinner was good and I had my first mug of alcohol with Jacob. Kingfisher beer. I think I drank it the last time I was in Chennai. It’s not as strong or gassy as Tiger.

Sighs….chatted with Vay and Trish for a bit. Am still moody so I guess I’ll have to sleep it off. Other colleagues are arriving tomorrow night…so I guess my quiet time is over. Well…at least I’ll have some female support.

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...