November 17, 2011

Flying off again

Wow....how time flies. My last entry was about my preparations for Diwali and in a blink of an eye, Diwali came and went, my one week leave that I had waited for, for so long ended too. Now, I'm exactly a week away from returning to India.

3 years and 10 months ago, I boarded a MAS flight and went on my first single, overseas work trip to Tamil Nadu, India. In a week's time, I'll be boarding another MAS flight, this time to Bangalore, India. I spent a month in Tamil Nadu. This time, it's just two weeks.

Already I can feel the difference between the two trips. Back then, I had just started working and was a subordinate. An assistant. This time, I feel important (not that I didn't feel important back then). It's just that this time, I'm considered experienced. Having handled a conference where there were more than 1000 women, this time should be a breeze. After all, we're expecting only 300 people. Lol!

Also, back then, I stayed in a hostel-type accommodation, 2 hours away from the city. This time, I'll be staying in a service apartment, located in the heart of the city. Later, when I move into the college hostel which is nearer to the event venue, I'll still be within the city grounds. Not bad! Plus...Bangalore is supposed to be THE IT hub of India. Let's see how well my Internet connection will be.

Of course....since I'm soooooooo family oriented, I'm having a hard time digesting that I'll be away for 2 whole weeks. In a whole other country. In a different time zone. I suppose I got this from my father who always had this hard-to-leave-family moments whenever he travelled with the band.

But then...I'm sure I'm going to enjoy myself. After all, even though I'm there for work, everything is paid for! Food, accommodation, communication, transport. All I have to worry about is shopping money of my own!! Haha...not that I intend to splurge like I did last time. I'm not even sure if I'll have the time to shop. But I'll definitely get little souvenirs, as memories of my trip. Not forgetting lots of pictures!!

Well...I'm not sure when's the next time I'll write another entry. Perhaps when I am in Bangalore. Who knows?

:-)

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...