November 27, 2011

Familiar sights and sounds

It's only been a day since I arrived in Bangalore and already, things are coming back to me. The non-stop honking of every vehicle on the road; the passing of the train, whether I am in the city or in the village; the imbalance in the number of men and women; the time difference; the food.

I was dreading coming to Bangalore but, I will admit that it is a change from the norm. Of course, there's no specific work hours or meal time. We just go with the flow. "Lunch" was around 4pm today and dinner for me was at 9.30pm. Also, I kinda like the 'tourist-sy" feeling. In Malaysia, I'm 'Indian' but here, I'm Malaysian. I look like anyone on the road especially here in Bangalore where the girls are fairer than the girls in Chennai. Not that I am THAT fair! But my dressing gives me away; and also the moment I open my mouth.

But then again, when I went to the money changer today, he didn't even ask for my passport or ID. Erwin had to produce his! Lol! I did notice some old ladies looking at me, probably commenting on my 3/4 pants and top. Well....I wasn't the only one dressed in modern clothes. Everyone, male and female were all in western outfits!!

One thing that I am proud of is the fact that I went out the whole day in 3/4 pants and 3/4 sleeved top with a jacket tied around my waist, and I didn't feel cold. I only felt cold in the Auto coz of the breeze. My mum was soooo insistent that I was going to suffer! Lol! But thank God for the heated shower coz the water is simply icy and I probably wouldn't have showered without the heater!! Well....I can't very well NOT bathe for 2 weeks! yuck!

So...day one is almost over. Day two is going to be work day; with the rest of the days being spent on more work. Sighs.

Let's hope that once the Tribunal is over on the 6th, I'll get a chance to go around and shop on the 7th and 8th. I REALLY want to see the big Shiva statue but I heard that it might be far away. Oh well..

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...