May 23, 2009

And now...the time has come

Ok...after having nightmares, feeling stressed and worried, the time that I have been dreading is finally here. Tomorrow evening, I'll be checking into Copthorne Orchid Hotel. That'll be my home for the next 4 nights, as I've got two meetings that are to happen consecutively. These are the kind of things that people in my organisation dread, as the pressure, stress and anticipation of everything is simply overwhelming!! It's a wonder that the organisation is still surviving despite having hundreds of meetings, conferences and workshops like this over the years (not forgetting that some of these happens overseas!!).

So, as of yesterday, when I finally had everything prepared and ready, I felt as though a weight had been taken off my shoulder; only to be told by my boss that the meeting kit lacked certain materials(she had to tell me this at the last minute, just as I was planning to leave office!!!). Thankfully, I've made some good friends and they helped me. Still...this is one of the reasons why I (and many others) can't stand the place.

But then, the worse is not over. When I checked my mail today, I got an email from a participant telling me (super last minute!) that she will not be able to attend the meetings. Also, I had a request for a wheelchair from another participant!! Thank God the support system of the organisation is tight and I can depend on them. Of course, the support system is one of the most important assets of the organisation; otherwise, none of these meetings held over a 25 year period would have happened.

Sighs....I can't wait for next week to be over. Once the last week of May ends, comes June: the month I love!! For one very obvious reason: My birthday!! This year is extra-special as I will be turning 25. I've always loved birthdays, I don't know why. Though my mum and some friends don't seem to "get" what all the hype is about. Haha!! Anyway, this year, besides me celebrating my 25th year of existence, my cousin (the first of my generation) is getting married and I'm so excited!! Hehe...it's going to be fun!!

Till then....

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...