May 17, 2009

Nightmares

I rarely get nightmares. But I've been having nightmares for the past few nights. Not the type where I get up all screaming and sweaty, panting as though I just ran a marathon. But it was unpleasant, which made me wake up, only to feel damn relieved that it was all a dream (or rather nightmare!!).

So what is it that is bothering me so much that I am having nightmares?? My friends who know me will know. When I started my blog, I told myself that I did not want to have entries that concerned work or anything that was related to it. However, I've had to change that decision as things have been happening over the past two months. Anyway, I've got a meeting in a weeks' time (make that 2 back-to-back meetings) and I'm so worried about it. Plus, to add to that worry, I've got a debate on Friday to worry about (another hare-brained idea by my boss, which has made the entire office irritated and fed-up with her. It's just another way for her to take more of our time. Like we don't have enough work already!!).

Anyway, I had a nightmare about my meeting, where I'd forgotten to bring all the materials and important stuff to the hotel and it was an hour away from the start of the meeting and I was about to cry. I got up with a shock, only to be comforted that it was just a "dream".

The weekend arrived and I thought I could just relax my mind and not think about work. But did I succeed? No. I had to prepare for the stupid debate (where I am still stuck. I can't bring myself to talk for 5 minutes about subject that is soooooooo boring: Agrofuels!!). Then, now, it's Sunday and that means back to work tomorrow, which gives me four days to the debate and a week to the 2 meetings!!

I don't feel as stressed as I think I am but to have nightmares about work and constantly have work on my mind...it must be a sign!! ARGHHHH!!! I soooo need a break!! I'm really really waiting for the 31st to arrive as that is when the meetings end. Then I am off to KL on the 5th of June for a wedding, where I hope I'll be able to rest my mind!!

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...