May 3, 2009

Cool, Wet and Grey

When the weather is freaking hot, with the sun unleashing its powerful rays, making me all hot and sweaty, I curse and ask for rain. But when it rains, and I mean really rains, I curse too. The ground is all wet (and sometimes muddy), the air is cool and the skies are grey, making it all so gloomy and dreary. I guess it's true then when people say that we are never happy with what we have. Hmmm...

We had a long weekend this week, thanks to May 1st falling on a Friday! I was sooo looking forward to having a long weekend and I wasn't disappointed. However, I'm not sure about the rain though. On one hand, I was glad that it was raining as it meant that I could sleep in, instead of getting up early in the morning to get ready for work. I could wake up, look at the time, tell myself that it's the weekend (meaning no work!), roll over and go back to sleep. All that did happen; only difference is, it didn't end there. After going back to sleep, the next thing I heard was my mum's voice, waking my sis and I up, to follow her to the market. ARGH!! So, as you can see, on the other hand, waking up early on a rainy day...!!

We follow my mum to the market every weekend (for my sis, it's every day excluding days when she has classes). We complain and groan every time but end up following her nonetheless. I thought I could skip this weekend, what with the weather being so nice and all; however, mum thought differently. When she woke us up, I asked her to let us sleep in, reasoning that it was raining and all, and that this was the only weekend we get to do so. Her reply? "It's raining. All the more so for you to come and help me carry the things, the umbrella..etc." Need I say more? Of course we ended up in the market with her. ON ALL THREE DAYS!! Sighs. The "sacrifices" we make for her. HAHA...just kidding!!

Anyway, as it reaches the end of the 3-day holiday that I looked forward to, I told my sis and mum that I hope it does not rain tomorrow and that the sun will be out in its full force. That way, it'll be easier to wake up in the morning. Otherwise, I might not wake up for work!! Which, on second thought, does not sound too bad!! hehe..

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...