May 28, 2009

Exhausted and Fed-up

Finally....the meetings that I have been dreading since the beginning of the year has ended!! Despite having a hotel as my "home" for the past 4 nights, there was no rest or comfort that only a house can provide you. The room was only utilised at night: to bathe and sleep. My mornings started at 7am, with the meetings beginning at 9am and lasting to 6-7pm everyday. Though it is the conventional work hours, these meetings actually takes a toll on you. The amount of brain usage that goes into these meetings can easily make people slip into a coma!! At the end of the day, you're tired MENTALLY. And in my case, when I am tired mentally, it affects my physique to, so much so that I am physically tired by the time I reach my room!!

To make matters worse, I found out that my supervisor has been blaming me for everything that goes wrong in our work. Not one person told me this but 4!! Even the big boss told me!! I can't confront my supervisor coz she has not done it in front of me. She's been sneaky and such a hypocrit!! And to think that I actually had second thoughts of leaving, thinking she'll be left with the mountain of work with no one to help!! Yeah right!! After finding out about all this, I'm only too eager to leave!! Seriously, I've had enough. I'm sick and I am tired of all the office politics and whatnot.

I know I have been complaining about my work for quite awhile but I'm reaching my limit. At the beginning of the year, I gave myself till April to get a new job but that did not materialise. Then I gave myself June and that too has not materialise. Now, I'm adamant and determine to leave by August the latest especially since we have two big events coming up in September!! I NEED and WANT to leave before that happens or I'm sure I'll just die from all the stress!!

As it is, I can't stand to hear my supervisor calling me name in the most annoying way, "Shakunnnn" for every little thing; so much so that a participant from China actually commented that she depends on me so much and even thought I was the senior one!!! Hahaha!!

SO...if anyone of you out there has a job opening, drop me a line!! I'm up to my forehead with all these nonsense. I don't know how long more I can cope. Even a new staff who's only been with us for 3 months is thinking of leaving already!! And I've been here for 18 months!!!

I'm just so glad that I'll be on leave in a weeks' time but before that I'm definitely going to have a meeting with the hypocrit!!

Excuse any grammatical errors. Can't be bothered now about that.

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...