December 12, 2008

And it continues...

Oh no!! That was my first re-action when I looked out the car window. Amah's favourite vehicle was parked there again. This time however, Amah's best friends were not in sight. Instead, there was a family sitting at the entrance to the Thrift shop, looking through, what I would call, a sea of brand-new clothes!!! Of course, I didn't know they were brand-new, so as usual, I took my place behind Amah as she marched into the shop. "VINCCI" was full but none was interesting enough to Amah. The jeans rack was also full but as I said before, they were only fit for construction workers.

On to the rows of clothes and Amah once again did not find anything that suited her. At the books section, Amah found two books. As for me, I found a whole box of Mills & Boon books much to my delight!! So I squatted and proceeded to look through the titles. As I was busy choosing my books, Amah felt deserted as her "handy lady" was not by the side. So she kept calling me to go and have a look at her discoveries, practically forbidding me to look through the books. Nevertheless, THAT did not stop me from choosing 12 books.

While I was putting the books on the counter, Amah had already gone through the bags section. She found a Louis Vuitton (LV) Bag and another sling-type of bag. Unfortunately for her, the LV bag was torn on the inside. Then, she was torn between buying the sling-type bag using the reason that she had too many bags already. I managed to convince her to buy the bag but at the last minute, just before paying, she decided not to buy it.

And then, the event of the day occurred. After paying, we proceeded to look through a pile of clothes that were on the floor. As I sat and dug out pieces and pieces of clothes, Amah just stood there directing me. Then, she saw a blouse that she liked and decided to buy it. So she went to the counter, PRETENDED to ask the price and promptly turned away after that. As I continued rummaging through the clothes, I asked her how much was it and she said, "Don’t' know". Then she grinned and put it in the bag that had the paid goods. She STOLE!!!!!!

Just then, she decided to wait for my father outside the shop. However, upon stepping out of the shop and standing where the family was, she noticed two Andrea (actress from Secreto De Amor)-type jeans. Sadly, it couldn't fit me. But Amah was delighted because it fitted HER!!! So, she bought the two jeans along with a red t-shirt to match them.

When we reached home, I was prepared to roll my eyes and calm Amah down, but surprisingly, she did not utter a word of dissatisfaction. So, here I am after another day of shopping with Amah, waiting not very anxiously for the next shopping spree.

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...