December 30, 2008

Last Moments of Fun

It's the 30th of December today. I've just returned from a 5-day holiday, to work for another 2 days; and then it'll be 2009!!

So what did I do during my break? Well, since the break was due to Xmas, naturally (and obviously!) presents and fights were involved. Though Xmas was celebrated on a small scale this year, the presents were nevertheless much appreciated! I value them so much that I don't have the heart to start using them as I'm afraid it'll finish!! Hahaha....

As for the fights...well...it happens not only during Xmas. But also on New Year, birthdays, Deepavali and other occasions worth having a fight over. Now it may seem that these "fights" are violent and frequent and in a way, they are. But I'm not talking about physical blows or verbal abuse (although to some extent, there are some words used). What is this "fight" I'm talking about? Like my dear sister said, it's the Spray Foam Fight.

Now...I'm pretty sure that when the Spray Foam was created, the inventor merely had fun times in his mind; hoping that his creation would bring a little joy and fun to people during the festive season. However, certain people have taken "fun" to a different level. The spray cans are no longer a fun thing; it's now a weapon!! And that is why, at every occasion be it festive or not, the "weapons" are always in sight!!

This year, those certain people were armed with 10 cans, as opposed to the victims (mum, sis and me) who had none! So imagine three 6-footers (all guys, mine you!) armed with at least 3 spray cans each, chasing us girls!! As usual, we girls got FOAMED, from head to toe!! But...I have to admit, it was fun!

After that attack, mum and I both bought ourselves spray cans - 3 each. For revenge. On New Year's eve. Only to find out that the guys have bought 20 cans, in anticipation of New Year!! *rolling eyes* oh my....

That was Xmas day....my aunt and uncle came up to Penang on Saturday and I was the designated driver for the day! We had a good time; visiting my other aunt, having lunch, visiting an art exhibition, meeting new people. They left that night itself, as it was a spur of the moment decision to come to Penang. Nevertheless, it's not so much about how long they were here, it's more of how much it meant, them being here. :-)

Sunday was another day altogether. I attended a wedding reception of one of my dad's friend's son. Since my dad's friend is in the music industry as well, the reception was one of a kind. First of all, it was held in Fort Cornwallis. Great idea. Then, it was full of musicians! You know how it is when you go to a wedding and you don't really know people? Well...this was different. Here, everyone knew everyone!! It was like a reunion! I can only wonder what my wedding would be like!!

Anyway...Monday was rest day. After the event-filled week, I needed to wind down and start agonising over the fact that I had to return to work the next day. hehe...

Well....it's New Year's Eve tomorrow...then it's the beginning of a whole new year. I think I'll end this entry here, while I reflect on what I have achieved this past year...

No comments:

One Year

*Late entry* December 17 th  2023  Exactly one year ago, Ben and I took our vows and promised before God and our loved ones, that we will al...